Natural Stone Cleaning & Polishing
We love natural stone and we love natural stone cleaning! The unique color, patterns and endless variety make natural stone a truly beautiful part of your home. As durable and appealing natural stone is, it does take special cleaning and handling to protect and preserve the beauty for years of use.
Call Now(916)941-7879 for Natural Stone cleaning in El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Roseville, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Fair Oaks, Placer & Sacramento county areas
Call Now(530)622-3678 for Natural Stone cleaning in Placerville, Diamond Springs,Camino, Pollock Pines, El Dorado, and El Dorado county areas
We use only approved cleaning solutions on natural stone. Properly cleaned natural stone will not remove the luster. Be very careful of the type of cleaning products used on natural stone. We would advise using only approved products especially made for the upkeep and cleaning of any natural stone. Also you must be careful of any acidic type of spills or cleaners as these will etch (remove a microscopic layer) of the stone removing its shine and/or streaking. Although some natural stone is not acid sensitive many typical cleaners have chelating agents in them designed to remove mineral build up. Since your very expensive natural stone is a mineral build up, it can cause streaking and uneven appearance. Stonetech makes an excellent line of cleaners that we recommend.
Natural Stone Cleaning
- Pre-Inspection– We will thoroughly look over the entire areas that need to be cleaned, noting any areas of concern, or that need our expert care.
- Prepare for cleaning– Area will be swept and vacuumed removing all insoluble soil. Furniture will be moved and prepared to clean under.
- Pre-spray– This specially formulated cleaning solution will break up and suspend the dirt and grime and impurities.
- Agitate– Any areas that need special attention will be scrubbed with grout brush and specialty spotters if needed
- Cleaning & Rinse– High pressure hot water from our truck mount with the turbo tool, as we do this we are resetting the Ph back to neutral in preparation for sealer
- Sealing– As soon as possible after rinsing we will use an air mover to dry the tile and grout and apply a crystal clear impregnating sealer that will lock out the dirt and grime. *No water for 24 hours to allow the sealer time to cure and little to light traffic. Make someone buy you dinner!!!
Natural Stone Diamond Grinding, Honing and Polishing
When ever there are scratches or etched areas or you just feel your stone floor is not as beautiful as it was when installed, we can hone and polish.
- We always clean first, to remove the microscopic dirt that can scratch the surface.
- Diamond grinding is needed to remove enough material, just enough to get beneath the scratch or etching
- Honing is the next step to mechanically resurface
- Polishing can be taken from a satin type of look to a full on polished wet look.
Never use wax or any topical coating on your natural stone. This hides the stones natural beauty and prevents the stone from off gassing. If your floors seem to have lost their shine a wax will not help. What you need is a polishing.