The Best Tile and Grout Cleaning El Dorado Hills
Tile and grout can be one of the biggest investments in your home. The grout in your home is a very porous surface. All of those small holes and passageways grab and hold onto dirt and impurities. Tile and grout are notoriously difficult to clean. Bacteria and fungus can accumulate on uncleaned tile and grout, not to mention the just unclean feeling you have when your floors and counter tops are not clean, shiny and healthy…like new. Often times a good tile and grout deep cleaning will eliminate those mildew odors.
Call Now(916)941-7879 for Tile and Grout cleaning in El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Roseville, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Fair Oaks, and surounding areas
Call Now(530)622-3678 for Tile and Grout cleaning in Placerville, Diamond Springs,Camino, Pollock Pines, El Dorado, and outlying areas
In the past tile and grout cleaning meant being on your hands and knees for the better half of a day scrubbing away with a brush and some caustic strong smelling cleaner that probably did more harm than good to your tile and especially your grout. Not any more!
El Dorado Hills Tile and Grout Cleaning, Sealing
We use a powerful high pressure rotary steam cleaning system, that flushes out and removes all of the impurities in your tile and grout. Think of it like a pressure washer surrounded with a bowl that vacuums out the dirty water as it is cleaning your tile and grout. We are not filling the air and house with moisture, we are removing the water as it is being put down. Leaving the tile and grout almost instantly dry and clean. All of Coach Carpet Care’s cleaning solutions are carefully designed specifically for the job at hand, to thoroughly clean and sanitize you tile and grout with out harming them. To sterilize your tile and grout, the water temperature has to be above 180 degrees F, for minimum of 60 seconds. We meet and exceed these requirements. We have several cleaning solutions to meet any challenge. We can apply a crystal clear impregnating sealer to fill all of those holes, protecting the grout without changing the appearance.
Tile and Grout Cleaning Procedure:
- Pre-Inspection– We will thoroughly look over the entire areas that need to be cleaned, noting any areas of concern, or that need our expert care.
- Prepare for cleaning– Area will be swept and vacuumed removing all insoluble soil. Furniture will be moved and prepared to clean under.
- Pre-spray– This specially formulated cleaning solution will break up and suspend the dirt and grime and impurities.
- Agitate– Any areas that need special attention will be scrubbed with grout brush and specialty spotters if needed
- Cleaning & Rinse– High pressure hot water from our truck mount with the turbo tool, as we do this we are resetting the Ph back to neutral in preparation for sealer
- Sealing– As soon as possible after rinsing we will use an air mover to dry the tile and grout and apply a crystal clear impregnating sealer that will lock out the dirt and grime.
*No water for 24 hours to allow the sealer time to cure and little to light traffic. Make someone buy you dinner!!!
Tile and Grout Maintenance
Now that your tile and grout have been cleaned to perfection there are a few things to keep in mind when maintaining your floors.
- Clean from the cleanest point to the dirtiest
- Use just enough water/ cleaner to get the job done
- Use a product especially made for natural stone and grout that wont degrade your sealer. Rule of thumb if it is safe for natural stone it is safe for grout. Many house hold cleaners contain chelating agents that are designed to break down minerals and since the grout and especially natural stone is a mineral it can cause streaking and discoloration. Stonetech makes great products for this.
Tile and Grout F.A.Q.
Can you get our tile back to original color? In our experience we usually can, like 95% of the time. Now since tile is porous it is possible to stain it. Coffee for instance, when spilled can flow through the pours of the grout and “stain” it through out. Most of the time this is not an issue but something to be aware of.
I am in need of repairs should I clean before or after? Usually we would say to clean before so that any “loose” or broken grout will be removed with the cleaning making it easier and cleaner to do the repair work. Also we have had customers mistakenly match the color of the grout when re-grouting a section to the dirty grout only to have us clean it and the repair looks dirty and stands out like a sore thumb. So it is far easier and more uniform to match clean grout.
Do I have to clean the whole place or can you clean around furniture? That is entirely up to you. We will clean as little or as much as you need. Keep in mind there is a minimum charge so it is usually better to clean at least that much.
Do you move furniture? We can move furniture just out of the way clean and since it is almost dry instantly put back in place, or on blocks/plastic tabs if need be. We usually will not charge for a few basic items, just big furniture.
How long does it take and when can I get back on the floor? A standard kitchen probably would take about 1-2hrs with out any complications. With the sealer it would be best to limit the floors to light traffic only for the evening. Definitely no sweeping or water of any kind for the first 24hours to allow for the sealer to cure.
If I have you clean can I do the sealing myself? That is certainly your option, just make sure you do not skimp on the quality and application of the sealer. A good impregnating sealer will cost you close to $100 or so. It would make no sense to come all this way and then skimp on one of the most important steps. It is tedious work and most customers usually just have us do it.
For an amazing tile and natural stone experience check out Bedrosians